Charli here again- your BM Events and Promotions insider. I’ve got all the behind-the-scenes goods about a pretty special event we just had at the Gold Coast in Sunny Australia- Supanova!
Supanova is Australia’s equivalent of Comic Con. It’s the perfect place to dress up in your finest pop culture gear, and rock out with lovers of all things geeky and awesome. So, it’s pretty much all the things we love in one place!
It’s fair to say our booth was probably one of the craziest at this year’s event. It should be, consider how many teams worked together to pull this off.
Let’s see…Our graphics and copy teams worked on our killer display boards.
Our logistics team wrangled it so we’d have heaps of stock on hand…
And our wonderful, amazing, long-suffering warehouse team sorted and packed all the garments for us!
Each part of the booth was dedicated to our favourite licensed collections, so that you could walk through Hogwarts, stop by Middle Earth or hang out in Ooo. Thousands of peeps swung by to say hey and take some snaps with our team (including the cast of Adventure Time- Oh My Glob!), and grab some shiny, shiny nylon.
Then, of course, there was my team on the ground.
We have Maddie, our very own Wonder Woman (seriously, does anyone rock this swimsuit like her?!)
Then there’s Lana, who was multi-tasking like a boss to keep in touch with our Social Media superstars all weekend.
And Matt, who handled the heavy lifting.
We can’t forget Chi, who may not have been the hero we wanted (mmmm Christian Bale) but she was definitely the one we deserved.
And of course Kristy, our Customer Service Queen.
But who’s that dude in the corner…?
There was plenty of craziness over the weekend, but these had to be our fav highlights:
BLACK MILK’S TOP TEN MOST AWESOME BOOTH VISITORS
10. The Cast of Game of Thrones (or close enough)
9. The Dudes from Breaking Bad (with edible props)
8. LSP + Beemo (super cute!!)
7. This Star Wars gang (but I don’t remember Ewoks being this stylin!)
5. A flock of friendly Superheroes
4. Beauty and the Beast (who’s excited for our Disney release, by the way?!)
3. Sauron and the Witch King (Black Milk Clothing: the No. 1 shopping destination for citizens of Middle Earth)
2. The Galactic Empire (big thanks to our pals at the 501st Legion for swinging by!)
1. The cast of Adventure Time (TOTALLY MATH, DUDE!!)
Actually I do have to do a huge shout out to these guys for stopping by – it seriously made our day!
Even though the entire team are going through some pretty heavy Supanova withdrawls right now, it’s all ok because we’re focusing on just one thing:
Bring it on, Sydney Supanova!!!
We’ll see you all there, right?