James from BMC here. Time to chat about cool things - because life is too short to talk about uncool things. :)
First up I need to give a MASSIVE thank you to all the peeps who have shopped with us this month. Hot Little Goths was huge, our last Museum Sale was huge, Fun Time Friday was huge. There was just lots of hugeness, and for this I am truly grateful! We were particularly psyched with the Hot Little Goths collection. It was really cool. I guess it was a return to our gothy roots.
If you're not familiar with our roots, back in the day we did stuff like this:
Hmmmm... I think I'm going to make that bell sleeved bodysuit again! :)
2. Let's talk about Pinterest!
Last release we tried doing our Pinterest drop a little earlier than usual. For those who don't know, we show our collections on Pinterest before actually the actual release. It gives our customers a chance to figure out what they like and what they want to buy so they can be prepared on release day (the happiest day of the month. :) Last release we tried dropping Pinterest 11 days before the collection launch. It was an experiment. There were a few benefits to doing things that way and a few drawbacks.
We had a bit of a chat about how we felt it worked and have decided that we actually think it's more fun doing it a bit closer to the release date.
There are a few reasons for this. First, it gives us a chance to have a bit more fun with sneak peeks leading up to the collection and we get the opportunity to romance it a bit more. Second, it means that we can avoid having to keep giving updates when things change before the release date. Believe it or not, a hell of a lot goes on in the week before a release. Products get added, pulled, changed, etc. and it's just exhausting (and annoying) when we have to keep communicating al the changes that are going on to you guys. Better that we just get it all sorted out in that week and show you the finished product!
Of course, you will still get to see all the awesome products in the release in one place, it's just a little later than usual.
Hopefully you're excited about that. My apologies to anyone who preferred Pinterest a bit earlier, hopefully you'll still be excited about the awesome collections we are going to be dropping. :)
3. Urgh, I love this crop.
4. That reminds me, I talk to a lot of girls who say that they would like to wear BM, but they can't because they have bewbs.
We have bewbs:
5. So I found this pic the other day. If anyone remembers the story behind this, please remind me! Was it a No Pants Train Ride? (Lol, I was in NYC last month and forgot to ask these girls....!)
6. Statues be creeping like...
7. So our next collection is called Unicornia. It should appeal to girls who love pinks and pastels. Yeah, I know you're out there! ;)
8. Although, there are girls who manage to combine that goth and pastel thing...
9. So I was going through some old photos the other day, and I found this - the first ever pair of Spartans!
You'll notice that the gold panel is much larger than in Spartans we make now. I might try this guy again. Time for the next version of the Spartan cut.
10. Alright - that's it from me! Thanks for chilling' with me, and I can't wait to show you Unicornia. :)