Let the blogging begin!
1. There's a fun little story behind this little bad boy:
And when I say bad boy, I mean the jacket, not the dude (who may - or may not - be an actual bad boy, I just don't have that kind of information at hand).
So the story goes like this, one day I decided that I wanted a deconstructed blazer. If you know your fashion history you'll know that the great Giorgio Armani changed fashion forever by deconstructing the men's blazer.
Of course, being BM, we had to spin it in a BM way, and that means a beautiful vibrant print. And there are not many prints as vibrant as the Teal Galaxy! So we made this!
I loved it, however, I was a little concerned that due to the galactic vibrance of the print people would mistake me for a magician. I'm not sure why that was such a big concern for me - after all, it's hard to imagine too many downsides to being identified as a magician (disappointing young children when they learn the truth perhaps?), but for whatever reason it ended up in a sample sale, where it was procured by the gentleman below:
I'm working on a women's version as we speak. :)
2. You know what I think is the coolest thing about this bomber? The sheer fabric makes it look... ghostly. :)
3. If you haven't yet followed Black Milk's Periscopes, please do so now. :) You get to see cool stuff. Not to mention a lot of weird stuff, if that's your jam (I bet it is.)
4. Did I mention that the inspiration for 2016 is 'Girl leaves Woodstock and heads over to Studio 54'?
Of course, if you head from California and head out towards New York, you are going o have to pas through Nevada. And you don't drive through Nevada without stopping off at one place...
And I'm not talking about Barstow.
Of course, we're not stopping on the way... BECAUSE IT'S BAT COUNTRY, DAMMIT!
5. Anyway, I don't want to give away too much about the March Collection, but I will say this - just thinking about it puts a smile on my face. :)
I have no doubt you will absolutely love all the clothing...
5. Speaking of Nevada, last week, I went to Vegas.
Sin city indeed...
If you, however, prefer the darker side of things... yes, you'll love March - but you'll just die for June...
You know who you are... be ready.
A massive thank you to the crew from Uncle Joe's who smashed out the most awesome coffees imaginable at our last Sharkie party in Brisbane:
And I'm not just being nice for the sake of being nice - if you're a coffee lover and you haven't had a latte from Uncle Joe's, then your bucket list is not yet complete. Of course, I'm speaking from experience, on Saturday I may have had one or two lattes. And by one or two I mean... definitely not one or two.
Expect to see more fun in the BM Cafe next year. :)
6. Even though Black Milk is based in Australia, I don't want to play up the whole 'Oh look what big scary animals we have here" thing.
But seriously, last week this is what one dude saw on the side of his house when he came home from work.
These are the kind of risks we are willing to take for you, dear customer. That's why clothes manufactured in Australia cost so much more - danger money.
7. Remember the Vegas cut swimsuit?
We made a version where we eliminated the seam at the bottom of the bust straps. I made a houndstooth version of the it, and I liked it but didn't love it. So I canned it.
Okay, maybe I love it now.
8. Sometimes in the middle of all the ups and downs, the frustrations and the hard knocks of running a less than perfect clothing company you get to the point where you ask yourself why you do what you do.
I suppose that if we can make every girl who dresses in BlackMilk smile like this - it's worth it. :)
9. The Pamela Swim... why?
Why not, I say.
10. SYDNEY SAMPLE SALE!
We're coming back, and we're bringing boxes upon boxes, upon boxes (upon yet more boxes) of samples with us, for all of you to enjoy. All the details are here - so check them out, we wanna see you! We're even going to be hanging out at the Pool Bar at the Ivy from 6pm Saturday night. Excited to catch up with some Sharkies and show you some upcoming sneaks... so be there, or be... missing out on all the fun, I guess.