1. AAAAAAARGH!!!!!! It is the eve of our new Adventure Time collection. I feel nervous. I feel excited. I feel... like a kid before Christmas. Which is good because it happens to be our Christmas collection as well.
But yeah, I feel confident. We've worked really hard on this collection, and I think it is going to make lots of girls HAPPY.
In case you don't know the story of how we came to do this deal with Cartoon Network, the wife of a good friend of mine asked if I could make her some Adventure Time leggings... or else she would die. Of course I couldn't let a young woman die just because I wouldn't make her a pair of leggings, so I did the sneaky and made her a pair of Adventure Time leggings. They looked like this:
So I said "Hey, these are not strictly speaking legal, so let's keep this on the down low..."
Nek minit... all over teh interwebz. And girls all over the world are talking to us saying "SO EXCITED TO SEE THAT YOU ARE DOING AN ADVENTURE TIME COLLECTION!!!
So then I'm all like "Erm... we are? Yes, that's right, I guess we are. Ummmm... get me Cartoon Network on the line, we need to do a deal here..."
And that day has finally come. Enjoy. :)
By the way, if you are thinking to yourself "What the heck is an Adventure Time?!" Well, darling, you just sit back in front of your computer and watch this. It will pretty much let you know whether it's worth you watching Adventure Time or not:
I'm just so confused as to which line I like better
a) "NUH-UH MIRANDA, I DO NOT LIKE TONY!"
b) "NO JESSICA, DON'T CHEAT ON TONY WITH ME!"
2. I miss halloween. :(
You look at the scary lady in the catsuit. You feel repelled...and yet.... oddly attracted. Your mind says no, but your heart says YES! You're confused, you're ashamed, you're LOSING YOUR MIND ONE HOT BOSS AT A TIME.
Aaaaaarghhhh!! (Proceed to point three)
3. Black Milk bomber jackets. Now officially A THING. You won't believe how these came about. We actually had some old defective leggings panels lying around that were going to get chucked in the bin, and some bright spark at BMHQ decided to do something better with them - and made this cute little number below. :)
I think you're going to like them. I even made a video about them, where I sing and make a stupid comment about jeans.
4. When you have this much awesome in your bedroom - you need the BLACK HELLCAT to protect it.
I spy two cats.
And one vegetable.
5. How many owls is too many owls?
Probably like... a million.
6. There are a lot of cool things on this picture but let me draw your attention to just two.... those awesome knitted things on their heads!
Made in Australia would you believe. :) Available soooooon (I hope).
On the topic of Made in Australia - every so often someone pops up on the internet and claims that Black Milk is actually made in China, India, Bangladesh... etc.
Guyzzzzzz... seriously, if you want to see where all your sweet-as-syrup BM goodness is created, you can literally walk into BMHQ in Fortitude Valley in Brisbane and see it all getting made right in front of your eyeballs!
We are actually really proud of our manufacturing! In fact, I just came back from a trip to the studio and said hi to all the sewers on night shift! Black Milk was built on a deep love of fashion, and I consider the craft of sewing to be an essential part of that. For this reason, we sew all our own stuff.
That's just how we roll. :)
7. I said I wasn't going to get any more of this fabric....
Ungggggg... kinda regretting that decision.
Because right now I'm thinking about Passionfruit Skater Dresses - you dig?
8. Cure for sadness, right here:
Yeah, now you're smiling, don't go denying it.
9. I was looking at this picture of this amazing girl (you know who) wearing these Black Milk leggings but then I had to stop because my heart was hurting.
I have no words. Except maybe: uuuuuuunnnnnnngggghhhhhhh.
Which isn't actually a word.
10. Sleep well, pretty peeps, for tomorrow.... we shop (responsibly).