jL here from Black Milk, that crazy girl who makes all those wonderful leggings we all love. Blog time!
1. Halloween: That time of year where you can do stuff like this and people think you're cool, and not just a total psycho. Yeah, you got them fooled real good.
Black Milk is having a Halloween competition as well... Instagram, prepare yourself.
2. Let's talk about dresses.
I little while ago I decided to discontinue the bodycon dresses. Not for all time, just.... for a little while, until I could figure out another cut I liked, or another fabric, I dunno, I just felt like it was time and I wanted to try something different.
And when I was in the US, a few girls asked if I would do more bodycon dresses. I told them that I was thinking of discontinuing them.
And then ALL HELL BROKE LOOSE. Fire rained form the sky, buildings crumbled, the dead rose from their graves, down became up, black turned to white, cats were marrying dogs and Kanye West and Charlie Sheen opened a school teaching underpriveleged children to read.
So then I got like a million emails (sorry that I didn't reply to all of them... there were a lot), saying that the world would end if I made this decision, and girls would take my poster down from their walls (and we can't have that now, can we Precious?)
Of course, there were the (sadly predictable) comments of "Oh, well here we go with another marketing trick to drive up the demand... yeah, I'm wise to your deceptive money making ways BM."
Yep, some people really think this stuff.
Now, if you think we are that evil as a company, you should never buy our stuff for the rest of your life. Really - if you think we are such a dastardly organisation.... stop buying our stuff. Stick it to the man. And move on.
But seriously, which of these scenarios do you think is more plausible?
1. Handsome Cam and the marketing team sit down and devise a devious scheme to sell more clothes. Someone suggests we pretend that we are going to discontinue bodycon dresses, and then NOT actually discontinue them! Everyone else thinks this is a brilliant idea and it becomes the official strategy.
2. jL wakes up one day and decides to discontinue bodycon dresses, just because.... she feels like changing things up a bit and keeping it fresh
If you know anything about Black Milk, you'll know which of these makes more sense. :)
Anyway, in order to not break too many hearts, I decided that we would let them stick around.
3. Do you watch our podcasts? Well you probably shouldn't, for your own safety. They are just waaaaaay too awesome and there is a good chance that you will be so blown away by our professionalism and slick production skills - to the point where you will no longer be able to do basic everyday activities such as... creating little origami skeletons, or writing love letters to Taylor Swift confessing your true feelings.
4. So, I hear a rumour that some girls have found this little bad boy that we made a little while ago. It's a NINJA SUIT! In fact I personally used this suit to assassinate several warriors who foolishly opposed my rise to the Imperial Throne (upon which I now sit).
And now to decide whether it's worth making. I mean, I would only make it again if I could be confident that the girls who bought it would be prepared - if necessary - to go out on secret missions to kill my enemies.
And provide photographic evidence of the slain bodies.
Wow, that got dark.
5. CATSUITS: When you want to be fully clothed, and yet totally naked, at the same time.
Made her happy.
6. Sneaky, sneaky, tricksy, tricksy. Do I see the the Tree of Gondor?
Thanks Lua P. :)
7. So this is the Priestess.
The clothing, not the girl (although, there is a possibility that she is actually a priestess, but I really can't tell from this photo).
Anyway... this piece is really amazing and the best this about it is all the creative ways that girls are playing around with it and making it look different.
It's like getting six hundred pieces of clothing for the price of one.
Gotta be honest, I actually have no idea what she even did with it here, but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate it's genius.
*sit's down and just appreciates the genius*.
8. Do you like ballet? I am totally into ballet. Now.
I love everything about this.
Except the pants.
9. Yeah, this girl.
When she puts her head to the side and smiles it looks cute.
When I put my head to the side and smile... hello awkward crazed zombie.
10. So apparently some girls have been taking the scissors to their maxi dresses and creating all sorts of new awesomeness.
And the answer is YES. We have been working on these, we jsut never finished them. I think this picture may have inspired me. :)