Hey peeps, jL here, the Emperor of all things tight and shiny. Let's do this blogging thing. :)
1. Well, we are a day away from the BIG ONE - our Harry Potter collection. This has been a long time coming, and after lots of work, finally it is here! We first started talking with Warner Brothers about the possibility of this deal around the time we did the Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit collection (which you can find here, and it is awesome).
So many people did amazing work to make this a reality.
First - the licensing team. Yes, we actually have a team of people who work on getting these deals done, and they did a fantastic job getting the contracts through and getting everything approved. (In the old days it was just me sitting in front of my computer thinking "I'm pretty sure this is public domain...")
Second - the design team (which includes myself). We spent a lot of time thinking about how we wanted to use the images we were provided (with licensing deals, we are typically required to stick to the official artwork). We had LOTS of fittings where we tried lots of different things to decide what we liked, and we came up with a pretty cool collection IMHO. Of course, a lot of things that we liked got pushed through to the second part of this collection, so stay posted for that!
Third - the print team. These guys have been working at INSANE levels due to the massive numbers. They basically tripled their productivity in two weeks. Wow. So proud of them. :)
Fourth - the sewing team. They have been going from Monday to Friday, and Saturday and Sunday as well (I visited them on Saturday with chocolates). So inspiring to see how well these guys work. And even better, they take such pride in their work. :)
Fifth - Everyone else! Social media team, cutters, quality control, customer service, accounts, logistics....
(This is Saturday morning at BMHQ!)
2. So guess what collection we have almost finished for next month....?
Yeah, you know it.
We think we have created a really awesome collection for this one. So if you hate it... probably time to move on, because this Halloween collection is going to be Black Milk to the bone.
3. Well, lookey lookey what I found on teh Instagramz.
Mega hotties much? Check it out....
4. OH INTEHNET - WHY IS YOU SAAAAH INTERESTING?
Yeah, I have no idea how this happens, but it does, and I feel like the world is a richer place for it.
5. So recently we commissioned artist James Patrick to create a halloween piece for us... but we decided to do it LIVE. That's right peeps, this piece is being drawn in public, so if you're in Sydney, head on down to World Square and check it out. :)
6. This is pretty special... Jubilee, from the X Men, yeah, she's a sharkie.
Yep, when you're leggings are in Marvel comics, you know you have officially made it.
7. Forget partying with Zach's wolf pack... we have the SHARK PACK!
Far better, because... sharks.
I would have loved to have stepped into that elevator on the way down. There would have been group hugs.
And I would have group hugged this shark pack as well... in fact, I probably still will.
8. DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
9. I do love it when sharkies get together for a good time... which kinda got me thinking....
But seriously - I'm not kidding, I'm thinking we need to book out a couple of sweet hotels in some sweet destinations next year and we have the time of our lives. THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN.
Who is in?