Good afternoon peeps!
1. Yes, it's that time again, time for a brand spanking new Black Milk collection. We shot it all day Monday, and I was really happy with it. The team was fantastic - all professional and all did a great job. Great hair, great make up, great photography... and the clothes weren't bad either ;)
Here's a little sneak peek at a few pieces...
2. For those who are wondering why this blog as been ever so slightly neglected.. blame Facebook. It's not that Facebook is more convenient and I'm too lazy to blog or anything like that. I just prefer to talk fashion on Facebook because it allows for a greater level of interactivity with you guys. When you're on Facebook and you see something you like, you can comment without any hassles, and interact with other in (close to) real time.
Here if you want to comment you have to sign in... prove you're not a robot, spammer, blah, blah.
On Facebook the interaction flows a lot better. You can join up here.
Still, the blog lets me rant for more than 420 characters at a time.
3. The always androgynous Robyn, with some interesting styling.
4. Speaking of pop musicians... I have been getting a bit of hassle lately over the fact that a certain pop musician has started wearing Black Milk. Let's call her 'K', (she is who she is, that's all you need to know). So the big questions are
Q1: Is it still cool to wear Black Milk?
Q2: Is Black Milk still underground?
Q3: Is everyone going to be wearing BM now?
Yes, yes, no.
If you doubt the cool/underground/indie cred status of Black Milk, can I just remind you that the girl who designs for them does so out of her garage, and is still up cutting fabric at midnight most nights.
And no, not everyone at your school, uni, work, club, monastery is going to be wearing BM. It's an acquired taste. Seriously - how many girls do you think are really going to be trying to pull these styles off?
Seriously, we're so underground we regularly strike oil.
5. Okay, this is something I've been thinking for a long time... one gender is getting majorly ripped off in the sartorial stakes. Let me let the pictures do the talking.
Balmain A/W pour homme
Balmain A/W not pour homme (pour the femmes)
See what I mean!?
It sucks to be an homme.
6. Some woman is making Sheer Spartan leggings looking things. I have no idea who she is, but apparently she's famous. De ja vu.
7. Like everyone else, I'm just stunned by the bold new direction taken by Chloe:
Your grandma's closet.
I warned you that the nannies were taking over the fashion world. Hey, I blew the trumpet, you guys were too busy knitting to pay heed.
Did anyone else notice the skin at the bottom of the legs here? I think it's deliberate.
8. GFY has no idea where to get these leggings. I do. Nevertheless... they still look not-very-good (IMHO).
You may disagree with me on this one but I really feel like knee features cut you off and don't do you any favours in the length department.
Thigh features, Sass + Bide, thigh features! That stretches the leg out visually.
Anyway, Monday is the big day, see you then. :) (You'll even get to see the Bat Jacket!)