A couple of important things first. December was absolutely mental for us this year. I checked last years's stats and we were up by 2000%. Freaky.
Which means a few things fell through the cracks, so if you have emailed us and for whatever reason we haven't got back to you - please, please, please email us again and we'll get back to you.
We're not ignoring you, just a little overwhelmed.
1. I went out shopping on Boxing Day. It was a very interesting experience. Of course I couldn't help but make a few observations. Tell me if you agree with me:
UFC inspired fashion for men
Wha...?! For reals. As a white man I can't help but feel partly responsible for this trend. According to this fashion movement, steroids are the must have accessory of 2011.
Nice top, nice shoes, trashy leggings
I don't want to get on this soapbox again, but I just don't get why girls think they can match an $80 top, and $100 shoes with $10 leggings and think it's going to work. Not all leggings are created equal.
Saggy Wetlook leggings
Pretty much sums it up. If you want wet look leggings but don't go to the right place (cough, cough) you will very likely get something with a one way stretch (i.e. they'll stretch wide, but not long). Result: sag.
Flip flops, whatever you want to call them, created by Satan, pure and simple.
Technically Clueless Salespeople
My experiences attempting to talk with salespeople about details of the construction of fashion items always goes badly. They just look at me funny. Maybe I shouldn't do that any more.
Men's Fashion is Boring
Yeah, you probably already knew that.
2. The latest must have accessory of 2011 - a 'tash.
A dead giveaway that you mo' is fake - it's on a stick.
It's difficult to get the bottom of a panty section looking flattering (see the little wobble above). I always shape mine. You can't really see it very well, but even the top section of the Suspenders is shaped to be more flattering:
3. Bodysuits... I got some!
You won't find cuter.
4. Okay, I hate those whole 'vote for me' things you always get. But... I gotta say, vote for this girl.
If she gets more votes than everyone else she gets to style the kids in the US version of Skins. I wouldn't mind seeing that. And she's winning at the moment!
4. There's been a bit of a run on these lately. Galaxy Leggings.
6. Tell me this... why don't modern magazines teach girls how to sew?
8. I want to finish off today with a little plug for what I think are the coolest leggings I have made for a while...
Burned Velvet Leggings. Yes, you need them.
See you next year!