I'm still alive - barely. Sewing like a wild man. Sent out a few more pieces of the printed range today, which has made a little dent in the mountain (metaphorically speaking, I'm not actually posting mountains, that would be weird).
1. This was today's effort.
2. So I'm massively discouraged because I couldn't go to my Ed Hardy party. Apparently it was going off like a frog in a sock. Imagine that.
Got me thinking though about the wonderful mix of fashion and parties. Hell, if Ed Hardy can do it, why don't we? A Black Milk party... ooooh yeah. Parades, new clothes to try on, funky music and beautiful people. Sign me up.
... does that make me sound shallow?
3. The Queen never ceases to surprise me. And YES YES I GET THE POINT, I WON"T MAKE THE FULL SLICKS AS TIGHT!
No one wants to sew this stuff. I often hear "I had PVC leggings but they can apart after a few washes." That's because the manufacturers don't use post-apocalyptic strength PVC.
Seriously, you won't have a problem with these, they will survive a nuclear blast. Love.
4. I've thrown around the idea of pastels... maybe with some ruching. What do you guys think of pastel leggings?
Epic win for these methinks...
5. A big thank you to Szela who sent me this in my hour of need. Mildly amusing, and no calories.
On the subject of calories... damn I've gotten chunky over the last month. Despite V magazine doing their best to tell us all that you can be chubby and beautiful... it ain't going to wash.
Sorry V mag, you can positively reinforce me all you want, but I just looked down and it was NOT beautiful. I gotta get me some vegetables...
6. Diesel - for those times when you need to go freaky-psycho and drop a knee into some hairy guy in his undies.
Fashion marketing is having a moment.
Diesel CEO: Hello marketing man ...
Marketer: Hello Mr Diesel CEO
Diesel: I need something edgy, something punchy, something to get people spending a huge amount of money on our clothes in the middle of a recession without any serious though of the consequences of their mindless consumerism.
Marketer: Okay.. the problem with that is - only stupid people would spend huge amounts of money on overpriced clothes without thinking about the consequences.
Diesel CEO: Yes, yes, yes - we want those people!!!
Marketer: You mean... stupid people?
Diesel CEO: Yes, that's will be our new demographic, stupid people
Marketer: So you want me to design a campaign that appeals to people who are stupid?
Diesel CEO: Yes, and in the campaign we should actually tell them that they are stupid.
Marketer: Let me get this straight... you want me to convince the public to buy your clothes by telling them that only stupid people buy your clothes, and they are stupid, therefore they should buy your clothes.
Diesel CEO: Damn straight.
Marketer: Worth a shot.
7. When I first saw these AA tights I thought they were a mess - but seeing this pic has softened my heart towards them. A little ;)
This is from a really popular blog... but I can't remember the name of it. Sorry.
8. Why oh why don't more girls use white fishnets for layering?! It works...
Some people are just so cute you want to take their adorable little faces in your hands, and rub your nose on their cheeks and tell them that everything is going to be okay.
Okay... this is awkward.
p.s. I should have a competition each blog post to see who can figure out the reference in the title the fastest... ;)